Gruha Jyothi is a major public welfare scheme of the Government of Karnataka. Under this scheme, 200 units of electricity are provided free of cost to every household in the state, per month. The scheme was launched in 2005 and so far, electricity has been made available to 16 million households in the state.
Gruha Jyothi has helped to improve access to electricity for poor and minority households in Karnataka. As a result of this scheme, these households are now able to lead a modern lifestyle.
The key benefits of Gruha Jyothi:
- It improves access to electricity for poor and minority households in the state.
- It helps these households to lead a modern lifestyle.
- It helps to boost Karnataka’s economic growth.
Gruha Jyothi is an important benefit for the people of Karnataka. It has helped to improve access to electricity for poor and minority households in the state and improve their quality of life.
Here are some specific examples of how Gruha Jyothi has benefited people in Karnataka:
- A poor family in a rural village is now able to light their home, cook their food, and power their appliances thanks to Gruha Jyothi.
- A minority household in a city is now able to use electricity for education, business, and leisure activities.
- A small business in a town is now able to operate more efficiently thanks to Gruha Jyothi.
Gruha Jyothi is a shining example of how government can work to improve the lives of its people.