The Mahila Samman Savings Scheme is a savings scheme for women launched by the Government of India in the Union Budget 2023-24. The scheme is available for a one-time period of two years, from April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2025.
Under the scheme, a woman or guardian of a girl child can open an account and deposit a maximum amount of Rs. 2 lakh. The interest rate on the scheme is 7.5% per annum, which is compounded quarterly.
The benefits of the Mahila Samman Savings Scheme are:
- It is a safe and secure investment option.
- It offers a guaranteed return of 7.5% per annum.
- It is a one-time scheme, so you do not have to worry about renewing it.
- You can withdraw up to 40% of the amount after one year from the date of account opening.
- The entire amount, including interest, will be paid to you on maturity of the scheme.
The eligibility criteria for the Mahila Samman Savings Scheme are:
- The account holder must be a woman.
- The account holder must be a resident of India.
- The account holder must be over the age of 18 years.
The documents required to open a Mahila Samman Savings Scheme account are:
- Identity proof (such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, or voter ID card)
- Address proof (such as ration card, electricity bill, or telephone bill)
- Passport size photograph
You can open a Mahila Samman Savings Scheme account at any post office or bank that offers the scheme.
Share with you friends and classmates