The Sahara Refund Portal was launched by the Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CRCS) on July 18, 2023, to reimburse investors who had invested in Sahara India Pariwar schemes. The portal allows investors to apply for a refund online and track the status of their refund.
To apply for a refund, investors need to register on the portal using their mobile number and Aadhaar number. They will also need to upload a copy of their Aadhaar card and bank account details.
The refund amount will be credited to the investor’s bank account within 45 days of the application being approved.
The current status of the Sahara refund is as follows:
- The CRCS has received over 10 million applications for refunds.
- The CRCS has approved over 5 million refunds.
- The CRCS has disbursed over 4 million refunds.
The CRCS expects to complete the disbursement of all refunds by the end of September 2023.
To check the status of your refund, you can visit the Sahara Refund Portal and enter your application number. The portal will display your refund status, which can be one of the following:
- Approved: Your refund has been approved and will be credited to your bank account within 45 days.
- Pending: Your refund is still pending approval.
- Processed: Your refund has been processed and will be credited to your bank account shortly.
If you have any questions about the Sahara Refund Portal, you can contact the CRCS helpline at 1800-120-8686.
As of September 13, 2023, the refund status for most investors is pending. However, the CRCS expects to complete the disbursement of all refunds by the end of the month.